Sunday 11 October 2015

Blog feedback learner response

LOUIS, Callum

WWW: What a great start you’ve made in Media - some excellent, engaged work already and I’m
also delighted to see you have superb taste in music with your choice of Stax records as one of your
brands! Your linking of Media to politics is absolutely appropriate and the two subjects will
complement each other very well. Finally, your institution work is impressively detailed and this is
the level you need to strive for consistently.

EBI: Make sure you’re writing in enough depth and detail – and highlight your use of media
terminology. Your advert analyses are good examples here – fair points made but not a great deal of
depth to your analysis and the impact on audience. The ability to write in real depth over something
apparently quite minor (a particular shot, colour, pose etc.) is a key skill to reach the top grades in

Media.

LR: Reflect on your first month of AS Media. What is your strongest piece of work so far? What is
your weakest? What specific skills or knowledge do you need to develop over the rest of the course?

Personally, I think my strongest piece of work so far has been the most recent with the brand values homework. I think I did well with this one because I was able to add a personal touch to it and include the brands that I like and use on a daily basis (aside from Bentley). However, I believe my weakest piece of work was the institutions work as i could have made the summaries longer. Also i need to work on explaining things in depth and make more time for myself to do media work.

No comments:

Post a Comment